I’m a homeschooling, homemaking mother of ten kids (plus two sons-in-law, three sweet granddaughters and a charming grandson). Some of those kids joined our family by birth and some by adoption. I’m married to the love of my life and we live on an acreage with a variety of animals.
I have a personal, saving relationship with Jesus and He has given me a delight in making stuff, especially embroidered stuff. Especially embroidered stuff that includes His Word. I’ve come to realize recently that this particular delight deserves a priority in my daily life and that’s what this blog is all about.
When I’m not homeschooling, homemaking, creating stuff or blogging, I like to read, Jazzercise, participate in Mothers of Pre-schoolers and visit my Facebook friends.
Okay, that was pretty boring and I’m not sure I would read my blog if I read this About section. So, I’ve decided to add (and keep adding to, as inspiration strikes) this little addendum.
We Have Something in Common If:
– your most effective lullaby is “The Spirit of Aggieland;”
– you shed a tear or two when you saw THE Wardrobe in the Wade Center;
– you are aware of the glycemic index of almost every food;
– you’ve read the Bible straight through in 90 days — aloud;
– you started Jazzercising when Judi Sheppard Missett still wore leg warmers;
– you were, for better or worse, influenced by Gentle Spirit magazine in the early ’90s;
– you continuously re-read The Blue Castle;
– you’ve had a viola (as in, instrument, not flower) named Celeste;
– you learned to crochet a granny square while watching “Concentration” with your grama during summer vacation;
– you like to arrange your furniture ONCE and never move it again;
– you’ve wired a house…or two;
– you went to professional school to be a veterinarian and grad school to be a teacher, but after 15 years of higher ed realized that you were meant to stay home and tend your own animals and teach your own children.